Software Project and Process Management SS2015
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. H. Dieter Rombach
The main goal of software development projects is to create a software system with a predetermined functionality and quality in a given time frame and with given costs. For achieving this goal, models are required for determining target values and for continuously controlling these values. This course focuses on principles, techniques, methods & tools for model-based management of software projects, assurance of product quality and process adherence (quality assurance), as well as experience-based creation & improvement of models (process management). The goals of the course can be characterized as follows:
- Understanding the specific roles within a software organization as related to project and process management
- Understanding the basic infrastructure competences (e.g., process modeling and measurement)
- Understanding the basic steps of project planning, project management, quality assurance, and process management and their relationships
- Electronic versions of the materials used will be available via the course’s homepage
- Ernest Wallmüller: "Software-Qualitäts-Management in der Praxis", Hanser-Verlag, 2001
- Peter Liggesmeyer: "Software-Qualität: Testen, Analysieren und Verifizieren von Software", Spektrum-Verlag, 2002
- Additional literature will be placed in the course reserve collection
- Contact Information
- Classes: Thu, 1:45pm - 3:15pm, Room 13-222, weekly, starting April 23rd, 2015. → KIS.
- Exercises: Mo, 10:00am - 11:30am, Room 46-280, starting April 27th, 2015. → KIS.
- The time and room have changed
- The exercise dates are: 27.04., 11.05., 01.06., 08.06., 22.06., 06.07., 20.07.
- Prerequisites: The course is based on Foundations of Software Engineering (in German: Grundlagen des Software Engineering (GSE)).
- Exam Dates
- First exam date and room → KIS
- Review date and room of first exam: → KIS
- Second exam date → KIS (room is 13-222)
- Review date and room of second exam: → KIS
All material will be provided at → OLAT
Please enrol there.